Senior Software Accessibility (A11y) Engineer
This job is expired.
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are seeking an extraordinary Senior Software Engineer to focus on accessibility on our Accessibility Engineering Team. As a Senior Software Engineer on Accessibility Engineering, your primary aim is to deliver engineering solutions to ease accessible product development and maintenance. You will think about how tooling can help achieve accessibility success and increase the efficiency of your fellow engineers across the organization. You will -
1. Provide tools and the infrastructure necessary for engineers to build products that are accessible, elegant, delightful and more easily testable.
2. Create and build LinkedIn products that are accessible, elegant and delightful.
Your secondary aim is an accessibility subject matter expert. You have knowledge about creating accessible content, accessible design, and how to achieve that with accessibility-driven development. You will provide guidance to teams to provide and improve innovative solutions, to ensure that they not only meet conformance requirements, but have the ability to be a genuinely inclusive solution.
This is stating the obvious, but you must be passionate about a11y and improving your and your fellow engineers' a11y craftsmanship. The A11y Team empowers our Engineers to build products that connect all people of all abilities to opportunity.
● Apply your knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines ( WCAG ) V2.1
● Understand accessibility evaluation tools and methods
● Apply your knowledge of accessibility verification tools, assistive technologies, and accessibility standards
● Apply your knowledge with assistive technologies across multiple platforms, including screen readers, magnification, and read-aloud tools
● Produce high quality reusable, accessible software components like those found in libraries, frameworks and design systems that are unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
● Design and build tools that identify accessibility issues and support operational infrastructure
● Design and build accessible, innovative, elegant and delightful products and features
● Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
● Provide technical leadership by communicating, documenting and evangelizing a11y best practices for creating accessible experiences within LinkedIn Engineering
● BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or related practical experience.
● 2+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
● 2+ year accessibility experience
● BS and 5+ years of relevant work experience, MS and 4+ years of relevant work experience, or PhD and 2+ years of relevant work experience
● Experience using screen readers and/or other assistive technologies
● Experience contributing to and/or leading cross team accessibility efforts
● Strong object oriented skills.
● Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
● Experience with object-oriented design, coding, testing patterns, and programming languages (Java, C++, C#, etc.).
● Experience building web applications and services with IDEs, ant, junit, etc.
Equal Opportunity Statement
LinkedIn is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. LinkedIn considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. LinkedIn is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer as described in our equal opportunity statement here: https://lnkd.in/equalemploymentopportunity2017. Please reference http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf and https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf for more information.
LinkedIn is an equal employment opportunity employer offering opportunities to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. This email box is designed to assist disabled job seekers who seek a reasonable accommodation to the application process. Emails sent for non-disability related issues, such as following up on an application, will not receive a response.
In your email, please include the following: (1) confirm you have a disability; (2) identify the disability-related limitation that needs to be accommodated, and (3) if known, describe the specific accommodation requested for the disability-related limitation. A response to your request may take up to three business days.
LinkedIn will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by LinkedIn, or (c) consistent with LinkedIn's legal duty to furnish information.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
As a federal contractor, LinkedIn follows the Pay Transparency and non-discrimination provisions described at this link: https://lnkd.in/paytransparency.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates
This document provides transparency around the way in which LinkedIn handles personal data of employees and job applicants: https://lnkd.in/GlobalDataPrivacyNotice
InternetInformation Technology and Services