Software Developer – Accessibility for Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services (AWS) works to enable our users to harness the power of the cloud. Our customers range from Netflix to your next-door neighbor. The AWS Design System team is responsible for unlocking the power of AWS by creating a shared and consistent design foundation, a library of re-usable user interface components, and a set of tools that allow AWS teams to build interfaces using modern web standards, guided by usability and accessibility best practices. We are a diverse team of developers and designers, passionate about innovation. We love to solve problems and define a new user experience. If you want to work on some of the world’s biggest design and development challenges; if you want to make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow: join our team.
· You will work closely with excellent developers and designers to enhance the accessibility of the design system.
· You will be involved in requirements definition, development, testing automation, maintenance and deployment of our software.
· You will interact with our customers to learn about their needs and enable them to build inclusive interfaces.
· You will be given the time to learn and experiment with the latest frontend technologies and tools.
If you have a passion for how inclusive web applications should be built and are interested in upcoming web standards; if you care about making other designers’ and developers’ lives better and want to work with excellent engineers to solve complex problems in a diverse team: we'd love to talk to you!
· Bachelor or higher degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
· 4+ years of experience
· 2+ years of experience with accessibility standards and tools
· Development experience in large projects
· Able to communicate clearly with customers, designers and other stakeholders
· Ability to work in a diverse team
· Experience with API design
· Experience with current and upcoming web standards