Digital Accessibility Lead
At HealthPartners, you’ll find a culture where we live our values of excellence, compassion, integrity and partnership. By working together, we will improve health and well-being, create exceptional experiences for those we serve and make care and coverage more affordable. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Accessibility Lead. This role will help HealthPartners deliver experiences that are accessible and inclusive for our users. The work will not only contribute to meeting requirements but will also drive organizational empathy and action.
- Associate’s degree (and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree) in accessibility, human factors, human computer interaction, computer science, or a related field.
- 4+ years successfully leading and/or consulting on accessibility testing, remediation and sustainability efforts.
- Advanced understanding of WCAG 2.1 AA and Section 508 compliance, accessible development practices and application of accessibility to agile development.
- Strong proficiency in screen reader software (JAWS, NVDA, Voiceover and TalkBack).
- Web development experience including HTML 5, ARIA, CSS and JS.
- Experience with document remediation (PDF, Microsoft Word and Excel).
- 3+ years Software Testing (Agile).
- Experience using assistive technologies including voice recognition (Dragon NaturallySpeaking) and ZoomText.
- Experience using custom user settings including increasing text sizes, custom style sheets, and high contrast themes.
- Excellent client service, consultation and collaboration skills.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and project management skills.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Experience in the healthcare industry.
- Knowledge of automated and manual Accessibility testing tools.
- Partner with UX/UI team to ensure design patterns are accessible.
- Facilitate or consult on usability testing with people with disabilities in partnership with the research team.
- Evaluate progress and provide direction for WCAG 2.1 AA remediation efforts.
- Identify processes and tools to increase efficiency and ensure sustainability of accessibility testing and remediation efforts.
- Develop test plans and lead teams in conducting evaluations. Train teams on practices and tools needed to test and remediate. Provide support to resolve accessibility issues.
- Consult with third party web vendors on development and testing to ensure WCAG 2.1 AA compliance.
- Document issues, results and overall compliance status. Regularly share progress and partner to overcome obstacles with senior leaders in Marketing and Web & Mobile.
- Develop a vision and advocate with leaders for accessibility and usability organization wide. Create scalable and sustainable strategies and practices to support that vision.
HealthPartners is recognized nationally for providing outstanding care and experience for patients and members. We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. For more information and to apply go to www.healthpartners.com/careers and search for Job ID #59833.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.