iOS A11y Engineer
LinkedIn was built to help professionals achieve more in their careers, and every day millions of people use our products to make connections, discover opportunities, and gain insights. Our global reach means we get to make a direct impact on the world’s workforce in ways no other company can. We’re much more than a digital resume – we transform lives through innovative products and technology.
Searching for your dream job? At LinkedIn, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in changing the way the world works.
We are seeking an extraordinary iOS A11y Engineer to focus on the accessibility of our mobile offerings on our Accessibility Engineering Team. You would work on the A11y Engineering Team, led by world renown accessibility expert Jennison Asuncion. Your role is to improve accessibility tooling and usability of our mobile iOS products with assistive technologies.
You must be passionate about a11y and improving your and your fellow engineers' a11y craftsmanship, in addition to having experience developing iOS applications. The A11y Team empowers our Engineers to build products that connect all people of all abilities to opportunity.
● Provide technical leadership by communicating, documenting and evangelizing mobile a11y best practices for creating accessible UIs within LinkedIn iOS Engineering
● Provide ongoing training on a11y mobile best practices
● Consult, advise and educate iOS engineers on accessibility issues as well as research and build accessible solutions where none exist
● Collaborate closely with product and design teams to make LinkedIn iOS products accessible
● Produce high quality reusable, accessible iOS software components that are unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration
● Participate in a11y mobile design and code reviews
● Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
● BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline, or related practical experience.
● 1+ years experience in software design, development, and algorithm related solutions.
● BS and 5+ years of relevant work experience, MS and 4+ years of relevant work experience, or PhD and 2+ years of relevant work experience
● Experience using VoiceOver and/or other assistive technologies on iOS
● Experience contributing to and/or leading cross team accessibility efforts
● Strong object oriented skills.
● Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
● Experience with object-oriented design, coding, testing patterns, and programming languages (Java, C++, C#, etc.).
● Experience building web applications and services with IDEs, ant, junit, etc.