Digital Information Accessibility Coordinator
The Digital Information Accessibility Coordinator’s primary responsibility would be to ensure equitable access to University technologies and content. This position would ensure technology compliance with accessibility standards and Universal Design. This position would also work with faculty/staff on best practices and guidelines for creating accessible content for use within the Canvas LMS and other University technologies. The Accessibility Coordinator would act as the accessibility advocate in University technology initiatives and make sure accessibility is part of the initial requirements for any technology initiatives.
Education Required Bachelor's Degree
Concentration / Degree Type
Digital media, communications, graphic design, or related field.
Substitution for Education Requirement
May substitute additional related experience, above and beyond what is required, on an
equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the education requirement.
Experience Required 2 years
Type of Experience
- Experience working with users to implement accessibility standards.
- Experience with WCAG 2.0 standards and Section 508 accessibility requirements in conjunction with knowledge of the Americans with Disability Act Amendments (ADAA).
- Experience drafting accessible technology guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Experience evaluating third party technology systems against accessibility standards.
Substitution for Experience Requirement
May substitute additional related education, above and beyond what is required, on an
equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement.
- Experience working with higher education faculty.
- Experience developing and delivering training and effective support materials.
- Experience with implementing and using assistive technologies such as screen readers, captioning systems, screen enhancement technology, EIT mobility devices, etc.
- Experience working with any of the following types of systems: learning management systems, student information systems, multimedia management systems, content management systems, databases.