MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a Series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As an Accessibility Engineer, you will support the mission to make digital collaboration an experience that is inclusive and accessible to all users. You will be joining a team dedicated to quality and innovation to create an inclusive experience for MURAL’s users.
Working across the entire MURAL product, you will work to solve problems that are specific to WCAG compliance. More importantly, you will be looking beyond compliance, to help address the challenge of making a visual tool accessible. You will also work closely to help support the development and integration of an accessible Design System.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- Understanding of WCAG and the principles required to meet success criteria
- Experience implementing features that follow accessibility best practices and standards
- Experience with using common assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, Voiceover, TalkBack, ZoomText, Dragon)
- Deep understanding of semantics and WAI-ARIA
- Experience with web application development frameworks and tools (React, Express, Babel, Webpack)
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams integrating accessibility into product development workflows
- Familiarity with accessibility testing tools
- Lead moderate to highly complex programming tasks and provide code reviews of various development tasks
- Participate in maintaining documentation for frontend development and accessibility-related features and functionality
- Strong technical skills and problem-solving skills
- Ability and motivation to learn!!
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with testing technologies, unit tests, integration tests, UI tests (Mocha + Karma experience a major plus)
- Experience with Design System development
- Experience conducting accessibility audits
- Experience with Nodejs
WHAT WE OFFER
- In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
- Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.