Senior Software Engineer, Frontend (Accessibility)
New York City, New York,USA
Asana’s mission is to help humanity thrive by enabling the world’s teams to work together effortlessly. Making the Asana product accessible and inclusive to the one billion people affected by a disability is a big part of that mission.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to help us make the Asana product accessible. You’ll be joining a high-priority and rapidly growing effort, with a lot of opportunities to shape the direction of accessibility at Asana. You’ll use your engineering experience to design accessible UI libraries, or build tools that empower product engineers to build accessible products from the start. You’ll advocate for frontend and accessibility best practices across the company, and work cross-functionally and cross-team to help shape accessible user experiences across Asana.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement tools and frameworks to help developers build accessible product features – from accessible UI libraries, accessibility testing tools, to codebase linters to guide developers to build accessible features.
- Support and partner with product teams in shipping accessible products and resolving accessibility bugs.
- Advocate and help build accessibility standards into the product development process at Asana, by collaborating with other engineers, designers, product managers, and user researchers.
- Help coach and train others in accessibility standards and best practices.
- 2+ years experience of full time professional software development experience, or equivalent
- 2+ years experience in modern frontend web technologies; past experience with TypeScript, React and Sass / CSS preferred
- Passion for accessibility, with 1+ year experience developing web products to meet accessibility standards and best practices preferred.
- Experience with leading projects with multiple engineers or experience partnering with developers outside of your team is highly preferred.
- Good attention to detail and appreciation for design quality, delight and polish.
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
Salary Range: $162000 - $246400