Digital Accessibility UX Specialist
Bay Area, CA,USA
Kaiser Permanente’s Digital Experience Center is looking for a creative and motivated professional who can contribute to our efforts in designing accessible features for our digital properties.
Top Daily Responsibilities:
1. Partner with designers, as well as product owners and developers, to ensure designs and pre-development technical decisions will produce accessible results.
2. Accessibility Consulting and Design Reviews with User Experience leads.
3. Train and mentor UX leads, designers, and product owners on accessible design.
Skills a Top Candidate Should Have:
1. 3+ years as a full-time accessibility specialist
2. 3+ years’ experience in User Experience or User Interface design
3. A thorough understanding of why and how to build products that are accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities
4. Ability to interpret and advise on standards, principles and techniques for meeting accessibility success criteria (including WCAG 2.0 AA, WCAG 2.1 AA, and WAI-ARIA).
5. Detailed knowledge on WCAG 2.0 AA including limitations of the specific guidelines.
6. Understanding the overlap between user experience and accessibility.
7. Understanding the strategies of persons with disabilities in using assistive technology for the Web and mobile apps.
8. Familiarity with Responsive web design and mobile apps
9. Experience/Expertise with an accessibility platform such as AMP or aXe.
10. Experience/Expertise using shortcuts and keystrokes.
11. Experience/Expertise with JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and Android for iOS.
1. Experience with Accessibility Management Platform (AMP).
2. Familiarity with web design programs (SketchApp, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign)
3. Familiarity with prototyping tools (Invision, Axure, Proto.io)
Desired Certification (beneficial, but not required):
• Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC)
• Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS)
1. Ability to work with little supervision, tight timelines, and competing priorities.
2. Experience working in multidisciplinary teams.
3. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to cross-train and mentor.
5. Accuracy, reliability, and excellent attention to detail.