Manager, Accessibility Consulting
Washington, DC Or San Francisco,USA
The Manager, Accessibility Consulting will lead a team of up to four consultants supporting an industry vertical. The Manager will work directly with customers as a lead consultant, while supporting their team on complex technical and strategic topics. They will lead the relationship and projects for one enterprise customer or several smaller customers. They will grow their team’s accessibility and technical skills, lead more complex customers, and provide increasingly sophisticated consulting support.
The Manager will build a strong team culture, and develop their team members’ skill set by managing their path within the organization through a focus on training and coaching. In order to best assess quality of deliverable and team members’ skill sets, the Manager will pair with team members on customer work by evaluating and coaching in the context of the project while driving and outstanding team culture.
Team: Help your people grow and excel (30%)
• Lead and grow a team of consultants, providing day-to-day management, technical mentorship, and career guidance
• Partner with Project Management, your peers, and the Directors on project staffing and planning
• Assess skill sets using provided tools or direct evaluation, and partner with your Director to develop plans to build and extend skills
• Directly conduct project reviews and partner with peer reviewers to identify and address employee training gaps
• Identify at risk employees and partner with your Director and HR to develop retention plans
• Recruit, retain, and develop team members
Consult and Coach: Provide accessibility consulting and embedded coaching for your team (65%)
• Provide strategic accessibility consulting, driving improved accessibility programs across the team’s customer base
• Provide technical and accessibility consulting, including testing, both to support project deliver and as a vehicle to assess and coach your team
• Support customers’ ideation and development of accessibility tools
• Share insights from your personal experience to inform customers’ organizational planning and your team’s growth
• Partner with Sales and Customer Success to build the accessibility roadmap and management strategy for supported customers
• Work with team members to uncover and elevate opportunities for additional business and/or at-risk projects
Process: Get better as we get bigger (5%)
• Work with peers and provide feedback to Consulting leadership on testing and training procedures
• Partner with Leadership peers to ideate on solutions
• Roll out tools to improve the team's efficiency and productivity
• Contribute to Level Access’s culture by acting as an advocate for our customers and for the mission of accessibility for all
• Enthusiastically mentor and cheerlead those around you, demonstrating an understanding the importance of team and individual success
• Participate in the global accessibility community through social media, promoting our ideals and generally improved awareness of accessibility
• Ability to lead and grow a team or consultants
• Demonstrated positivity when faced with challenging situations, and the ability to positively impact those around you
• Ability to multi-task
• Expert level knowledge in and a passion for accessibility
• Experience leading projects or relationships with enterprise class customers
• Experience managing a team, or managing a project team strongly preferred
This role is full time, salary is commensurate with experience, bonus and competitive benefits package with unlimited time off! Please submit your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration.
Level Access is committed to workforce diversity. Equal Opportunity Employer. Copyright 2019, Level Access. All rights reserved.