Business Analyst III, Accessibility & Security
We seek candidates with a commitment to working effectively with students, faculty and staff from diverse background.
Please complete the online application and attach required documents. Required documents include a detailed cover letter, resume, and a list of at least three (3) professional references with current contact details, including email addresses.
This position is being posted in conjunction with posting number 20162254S . Only one position will be filled. The university is posting both positions to ensure a sufficient applicant pool to fill this need. The hiring department will first consider applicants from the higher-level position. If the applicant pool does not yield a successful candidate, the applicant pool from the lower-level position will then be evaluated. Applicants are encouraged to apply for either or both positions based upon their qualifications and interests. You may view or apply to the other position here if you wish:
This position is eligible for the following benefits: Level 1 - Medical/Rx, Vision, Dental, Ortho; Winter Break Closure; Holidays Paid; Basic/Supp/Dep Life; Educ. Benefits; Sick Leave; Vacation; Retirement
Posting Number 20162253S
OHIO University strives to improve the usability of its technology resources, making them accessible to use by individuals of all abilities. This position will be responsible for developing strategies and managing efforts to improve accessibility for all students, faculty, and staff.
The Office of Information Technology at Ohio University is seeking to hire a business analyst who will under the direction of the Information Security Manager manage the university’s information technology accessibility program. This position is a key contributor of the seven-member Information Security & Accessibility Office which is located on the main campus in Athens, Ohio.
To be successful in this position, you will need to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and integrity, have exceptional written and oral communication skills, time management skills, and ability to work with minimal supervision.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for providing central oversight, technical leadership, expert guidance, coordination, and support to the institution’s departments and programs in their use of the information systems, with a focus on promoting, assessing, and maintaining information technology accessibility and security.
• Collaborate with leaders, subject matter experts, end users, and technical staff to identify and understand business needs, design possible solutions, and help implement and transition chosen solutions.
• Develop and maintain accessibility and information security policies and standards for the institution.
• Stay informed of emerging and changing accessibility and information security processes and technologies and be a thought leader.
• Assess the current state and develop, track, monitor, and report metrics for measuring accessibility improvements over time.
• Work in close partnership with Information Technology staff and the University Equity and Civil Rights Compliance Office to advance information technology accessibility goals for the institution.
• Offer insight on deficiencies in IT accessibility and make recommendations on developing new or adjusting existing processes to increase accessibility for various custom and vendor packaged technology solutions.
• Audit and report on OHIO web sites and web applications for compliance with WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines to web site owners and University leadership.
• Evaluate technologies in conjunction with procurement processes for compliance with accessibility standards.
• Bachelor’s degree required in Information Technology or related field.
• 6 or more years related work experience. (An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.)
• Knowledge of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards for websites, Section 508 Standards, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, WAI-ARI, WCAG2lCT.
• Experience in implementing digital accessibility in a government or higher education institution.
• Experience using assistive technologies like Read and Write Gold, JAWS, Kurzweil, ZoomText.
• Knowledge of accessibility standards as they apply to multimedia. – Demonstrated ability to supervise support staff.
Salary Range: $64000 - $74000