UX Researcher, Accessibility
Fable is looking for an Accessibility Researcher who is responsible for identifying accessibility issues through user interviews and usability audits using our platform. This role involves regularly engaging with people with disabilities and requires a candidate who is sensitive, respectful and who has the ability to tailor their processes to meet individual requirements.
This Accessibility Researcher will work closely with customers and other Fable team members to conduct rigorous research about how various digital product offerings can be improved for people with disabilities. An understanding of how various assistive technologies interact with digital products, and the web, is preferred.
The ideal candidate thrives in a work environment that requires independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking. Fable is a small and busy team. The successful candidate will be open to supporting the business in many ways, leveraging any and all skills you may have. This individual is both highly analytical as well as highly creative, and consistently demonstrates strong design, writing and presentation skills.
The Accessibility Researcher actively fosters collaboration both inside and outside of the team, evangelizes and promotes inclusive experiences, and can juggle several high-level projects while delivering exceptional work.
• Conduct usability audits for customers digital products including websites, web apps, mobile apps and software
• Schedule and conduct interviews and user acceptance testing with people with disabilities
• Record problems/defects identified during testing and prioritize them
• Collaborate with customer’s project managers and designers to scope audit and testing requirements
• Develop and maintain standard templates for user research and reporting
• Communicate the status of testing, including reporting of overall test results
• After customers resolve accessibility issues, support with re-testing
• Create content to communicate accessibility research best practices to support Fable customers
Skills and Qualifications
• Skilled in management and execution of usability audits and user interviews
• Able to define research goals, articulate hypotheses and apply the best research methods for a wide range of problems
• Experience translating research findings into actionable recommendations
• Strong analytical, communication and team skills
• Ability to communicate to a wide range of project stakeholders including executives, managers, designers and developers
• Compassionate and patient demeanour with confidence and assertion to get things done
• Active listening and problem-solving skills
• Ability to build relationships and connect with people quickly
• Organized and able to manage a large volume of tasks independently
• Confidence to manage difficult situations and conversations
• Tech-savvy with the ability to navigate apps and software
You must be:
• Proficient with user research: Experienced in running and reporting on the results of user interviews and usability audits
• Passionate: You love helping people, especially to solve problems
• Creative and adaptable: You’ll jump in and flex your various skills whenever necessary
• A self-starter: You’re looking for your newest challenge, ready to join a fun and fast-paced team!
• Experienced: 2+ years in user research-related roles
Nice to have:
● Familiar with web accessibility and WCAG
● Experience with assistive technology or engaging with assistive technology users
● Experience using automated accessibility testing tools
● Ability to review source code and suggest fixes for accessibility issues
Salary Range: $60000 - $89996