Software Engineer - TikTok Accessibility, iOS
Mountain View, CA,US
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the Job
At TikTok, we strive to make our products available to everyone. On TikTok Accessibility team, we work cross functionally with engineers, designers and product managers to ensure that all users will be able to enjoy the delight we provide.
By joining the team, you will have opportunities to work on variants of projects to improve existing product accessibility experience, introduce industry leading new accessibility-first features. You will also have opportunities to build accessibility foundations and tools for engineers across TikTok.
- Design and maintain shared UI frameworks and provide accessibility support.
- Support teams on product feature review, technical design consulting, adding/improving accessibility support.
- Develop and maintain automation tools like linters, static analyzers, automation tests foundation frameworks.
- Experience in iOS development
- Experience coding in one or more of the following programming languages: Objective-c, Swift
- Knowledge of iOS accessibility APIs
- Experience coding in C, C++ or Python
- Expertise in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale iOS applications
- Experience with optimizing large-scale applications accessibility experience
- Effective communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to have a systematic problem-solving approach.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.