Senior User Researcher, Alexa Aging and Accessibility
Alexa is the ground-breaking, cloud-based intelligent assistant that powers Echo and other devices designed around your voice. The News & Trust team focuses on building Alexa technologies for good--experiences that provide meaningful and positive impacts on individuals and society.
We are searching for a Senior User Researcher to generate insights into customer needs that inform design decisions, and evaluate usability of features, in the areas of aging and independence and accessibility (assistive technology for customers with disabilities). Your research will be agile, keeping pace with the rapid innovation in the team, but also making sure that we're keeping an eye on the big picture in understanding our customer groups.
You should have broad skills in user research and design research methods, and a thorough understanding of qualitative and quantitative research concepts. There will be overlapping projects, so you should be good at multitasking, juggling competing priorities, and organizing yourself. Most of all, you're excited by translating uncertainty and ambiguity into actionable recommendations.
· Create a deep understanding and empathy for our target customers through primary field research, behavioral analysis, and/or secondary research.
· Identify the best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
· Work closely with product and design teams to communicate the insights that shape customer experiences.
· Drive impact, as measured by changes to the product design and development roadmap.
· Act as a representative within a larger Alexa user researcher community. Collect and synthesize useful research from across the organization, bringing insights back to your team
· Continually learn, grow and improve the craft of UX research
· BA/BS in experimental psychology, cognitive science, human computer interaction or related discipline.
· 5+ years of hands-on experience conducting UX research in an applied setting.
· Experience with research process and research methods (e.g., surveys, personas, lab studies, diary studies, and other methods).
· End-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
· Working knowledge of behavioral statistics and the principles of experimental design.
· A portfolio demonstrating past work experience, deliverables, and extraction of actionable insights from qualitative data.
· MA/MS in experimental psychology, human computer interaction, anthropology, or related discipline.
· Strong command of quantitative, behavioral analysis, and statistics.
· Voice or multi-modal research experience in a global context.
· Research experience with people who are older or have disabilities.
· Research experience with remote participants, e.g., via video conference.
· UX experience is a plus, but not required.
· Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
· Creativity and positive energy to maintain personal and team momentum