UXDesign Principal Accessibility Consultant - multiple locations
UXDesign Principal Accessibility Consultant - multiple locations-200020624
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank’s UXDesign Accessibility (sometimes shortened to A11Y) consultants ensure that prospects and customers (internal and external) with disabilities experience the same level of service and functionality as those without disabilities. The ideal candidate will apply existing guidelines, laws, regulations, and best practices to projects that exceed customer expectations while solving for business needs.
The Accessibility Consultant is a key stakeholder during the design, prototyping and defect analysis processes, including creating and validating accessibility user stories, evaluating prototypes, reviewing designs and wireframes, as well as creating materials to educate others about accessibility. In addition, this candidate will partner with our business lines to ensure the user experience (UX) we present to consumers is accessible and meets bank standards.
The UXDesign A11y Principal / Manager consultant candidate has an expert understanding of digital accessibility for the design, evaluation and remediation of defects / issues by analyzing digital products for accessibility issues. They mentor others about collaborations with experience architects, developers, researchers, product owners, test teams and designers to find workable solutions and to ensure specifications are clearly defined. They possess expert knowledge of manual and automated testing techniques using multiple tools and mentor others in the tools. The UXDesign A11y Principal / Manager candidate has strong communication and presentation skills along with an expert understanding of UXDesign best practices. They guide the efforts to identify the opportunities and limitations of the organization’s current and future accessibility challenges, ensuring accessibility & inclusion needs drive implementation choices and strategic direction. Guides the entire accessibility team in identifying the organization’s goals and simultaneously identify where the opportunities are across audience and internal business line groups are in order to determine the right accessible experiences. Principals are the senior most subject matter experts. Managers are formally tasked with guiding and mentoring all aspects of the team.
1.Serve as a digital accessibility consultant for the design, evaluation and remediation of defects / issues by analyzing digital products for accessibility. Collaborate with experience architects, developers, researchers, product owners, test teams and designers to find workable solutions and to ensure specifications are clearly defined.
2. Review products using manual and automated techniques to ensure we design accessible products.
3. Collaborate with teams to determine road maps to reach desired results.
4. Assist with research and coordination of response to consumer feedback.
5. Actively participate in design and testing protocols.
6. Collaboratively partner with UXDesign peers (visual designers, content writers, user experience architects, researchers, prototypers, and strategists) to create world class customer experiences
7. Develop guidelines for architects, designers and developers to aid in compliance with the current version of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Engage in quality audits and assist with remediation roadmaps where necessary.
8. Partner with business analysts, developers, accessibility consultants, testers, product owners and compliance specialists to translate requirements into experience architectures
9. Reviews artifacts and deliverables from peers to ensure they accurately represent or improve upon the U.S. Bank layout, design and interaction patterns
10. Mentor others on the use of assistive technology from the user’s perspective.
11. Collaborate in the development and implementation of outreach and training for designers, developers, content providers, product owners, business line representation and internal employees.
12. Remain abreast of trends and developments in the area of web, application and software accessibility / inclusion.
13. Formally observe user interviews and usability sessions
14. Work concurrently on multiple tasks or projects in an agile environment
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Eight or more years of related work experience
One to four years of team leadership experience
Proven UXDesign or digital industry involvement
An emphasis on Accessibility, Service Design, Experience Architecture or Digital Development
Knowledge of user experience design (UXDesign) best practices, interactive design principles, guidelines, and relevant policies, including current web accessibility standards.
Advance Knowledge of semantic HTML desired
Experience in the appropriate use of ARIA markup desired
Experience with JAWS, NVDA, iOS VoiceOver, and/or Android Talkback, Advanced user of these tools is preferred
IAAP Certified Professional in Accessibility Core Competencies (CPACC) a plus
Web Accessibility Specialist (WAS) Certification a plus
Familiarity of design thinking process and framework, and familiarization with workshop and co-creations desired
Experience with user-centered design from concept to delivery
Experience working in a cross-channel environment, including desktop/laptop, mobile, devices and brick-and-mortar locations. Internal facing systems experience a plus
Experience collaborating with large teams
Excellent communication, facilitation and presentation skills
Ability to problem-solve and work independently
Job Information Technology
Primary Location Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis
Other Locations North Carolina-NC-Charlotte, Texas-TX-Dallas, IL-IL-Chicago, CA-CA-San Francisco, CA-CA-San Marcos, New York-NY-New York, Georgia-GA-Atlanta
Shift 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week 40