Accessibility Developer – Fullstack Front-End / UI / UX / Web Developer
User1st is committed to making the web accessible to everyone. We help organizations ensure that their websites are accessible to individuals with disabilities and compliant with web accessibility legislation. User1st is currently seeking an Accessibility Developer to work at our client’s site in Seattle, WA.
The Accessibility Developer will provide digital accessibility consulting and testing to customers. The person in this position will work directly with customers to deliver high value digital accessibility services. They will help customers find and fix accessibility issues. A strong candidate for this role will be proactive and have a record of delivering exceptional service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Be a passionate about web accessibility and provide subject matter expertise
• Apply detailed knowledge of WCAG and Section 508 standards
• Contribute to accessibility documentation and guidelines
• Answer questions on implementing specific accessibility requirements for specific products
• Derive business processes, analyze customers accessibility needs, assist in requirements definition, give feedback about browser-based interfaces, and design and conduct usability testing
• Create Personas and Scenarios of Use
• Provide Web development and UX/UI design assistance
• Design color schemes, CSS, and other critical design functions
• Document user requirements, screen designs, and design recommendations
• Communicate technical topics as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
Qualifications & Education/Experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience in digital accessibility
• Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 guidelines, 508 compliance
• Be experienced with all Front-End technologies, such as Angular and Bootstrap
• 2+ years of Web Development, UX/Graphic Design experience
• Ability to travel as needed (mainly to company headquarters in DC)
User1st is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment.
Salary Range: $120000 - $139998