Senior Instructional Designer Digital Accessibility Specialist ( remote )
New York, NY,US
Full Job Description
Are you a creative thinker with a passion for lifelong learning, paired with a desire to elevate social good organizations?
Blackbaud University provides interactive courses to enable both the technical skill and the nonprofit savvy of our customers. Art and science work hand-in-hand in the development of our in-person, virtual instructor-led, and eLearning classes, and our team is seeking a full-time instructional designer to build education content for our cloud solutions.
We are specifically interested in candidates who are experienced developing content and converting existing materials to meet accessibility guidelines, in order to better support the needs of all of our customers.
With an understanding of best practices and world-class courseware, the ideal candidate brings a combination of experience in adult learning, nonprofit organizations, and the creation of amazing educational materials. The instructional designer role will:
· Design and develop effective, engaging courseware
· Collaborate with subject matter experts, instructors, and peers
· Prioritize and manage projects to completion and meet desired milestones
· Build productive relationships and communicate with cross-functional teams
· Align to rapid product release cycles with flexibility and poise
· Support certification question writing
· Follow corporate and team style and graphic guidelines
During the application process, you may be asked to provide 2-5 samples of your best and most recent work – please have those handy to expedite the process.
· At least 1 sample should be a PowerPoint presentation
· Other samples can include anything that showcases your writing skills and/or design savvy – if you provide a website, please direct us to specific examples on the site
· Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
· Well-versed in Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1
· Proven ability to learn new technology quickly
· Exceptional writing skills
· Design savvy
Additional desired skills:
· Knowledge of Blackbaud products
· Experience working with social good organizations
· Knowledge of Articulate Storyline and/or Rise
· Project experience in any of the following areas - Gamification, Certification, Peer Learning, or Proctored Exams
Stay up to date on everything Blackbaud, follow us on Linkedin , Twitter , Instagram , Facebook and YouTube
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.