Digital Accessibility Engineer
The Digital Accessibility Engineer position is an exciting opportunity to assist ongoing digital accessibility efforts at Aetna. Reporting into the Engineering department, the Digital Accessibility Engineer will provide organization and support to the Enterprises efforts to implement Aetnas digital accessibility policy. The candidate will work across segments and various functional areas to ensure first tier compliance activities are addressed in a timely and efficient manner.
Note: If you think you qualify for some, but not all, of these responsibilities, apply!
- Advise engineering teams (web, iOS, and Android) as to best accessibility practices with screen readers, zoom tools, and other assistive technologies
- Provide accessibility support for web, mobile, design, and other digital asset types
- Perform and/or coordinate basic accessibility audits of prototypes, websites, and mobile apps
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to identify strategies and implement accessibility solutions
- Establish and implement enterprise guidelines, best practices, and standards related to designing and maintaining accessible websites, mobile apps, and online materials
- Train and mentor associates on using accessibility monitoring software and tools
- Create and/or modify documentation and job aids for software tools
Digital Accessibility Software Administration
- Utilize our enterprise Accessibility Management Platform (AMP) to help guide story writing for teams
- Quickly learn new software platforms
- Monitor mailbox and chat for incoming accessibility support requests from developers
- Provide clear communication and issue resolution for project teams interpreting accessibility compliance feedback
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Experience working effectively in highly collaborative, matrix team-oriented environments
- Experience with software administration or extensive hands on experience with enterprise software tools
- Intermediate level knowledge and experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines
- Intermediate level knowledge of disability law including but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508, and Affordable Care Act Section 1557
- Accessibility compliance experience
- Web/mobile design and/or development experience
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to large scale strategic projects
- Intermediate level experience with accessibility audit and quality assurance tools and processes
- Experience with an assistive technology such as ZoomText, JAWS, VoiceOver or NVDA screen reader
- Health care industry experience
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Come Join Aetna Digital!
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.