Principal User Researcher - Accessibility
This job is expired.
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. Since 2014 we have developed award-winning accessible experiences that are built-into our devices such as the VoiceView screen reader with its innovative braille interface. What will you help us create?
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting-edge advances in robotics and softwareaccessibility to solve real-world challenges that will transform the experiences of our customers with disabilities’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet.
· Contribute to the design of useful, usable, accessible, and desirable user interfaces in a team environment.
· Create user-centered designs by considering market segment analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
· Contribute to brand experience, visual and auditory communication, and marketing design initiatives.
· Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements.
· Design the visual, auditory, and tactile style, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences,
· Drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
· Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes.
· Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns.
· Present design work to the user experience team, product team, and Amazon executives for review and feedback.
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent.
· 10+ years of experience as an accessible user experience designer, interaction designer, hybrid designer, or similar role.
· 7+ years of experience creating iterative design, working closely with customers and peers and developers from inception through implementation.
· Experience with best practices for mobile and tablet accessible design, as well as working knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
· An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
· Great eye for visual sense of audio and tactile design and layout.
· Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
· Deep experience in web and native apps and mobile first design approaches.
· Past experience in designing and launching consumer products.
· Ability to create lightweight prototypes to test ideas.
· Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently
· Experience with designing professional UX design in addition to consumer UX.