Digital Accessibility Manager
This job is expired.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
As a HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
HSBC has a bold ambition; to become the most digitally accessible bank in the world. Our aim is to make our public websites, mobile applications and internal systems accessible and usable by all customers and staff. We are currently recruiting for a Digital Accessibility Manager to be part of the Group Digital Experience and Accessibility team. The team develop Group Accessibility Standards and support teams in all Global Functions in implementing them to ensure accessibility across all platforms. These include public websites, transactional banking channels, mobile applications and other digital user interfaces.
In this role, you will:
• Work with Governance Managers and other Digital Accessibility Managers to support projects in meeting the HSBC Accessibility Standards and requirements of the Digital Accessibility program.
• Be responsible for providing accessibility support for digital projects including advising on vendor engagement process, reviewing outputs such as audit report and supporting teams in implementing findings and recommendations
• Advise and support project teams on issues such as accessible design and UX, defect remediation, defect prioritsation and post-fix defect testing quality assurance
• Act as a subject matter expert on accessibility in relation to areas such as policy, compliance, regulation and risk when engaging with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Engage with 3rd-party vendors to resolve project related issues and work collaboratively to improve overally ways-of-working
• Where applicable, share ideas, conduct research and support initiatiaves as part of a broader Accessibility Change Management Program
• The role will require deep understanding of industry best practices and standards related to accessibility including, but not limited to WCAG 2.0, WCAG 2.1 and awareness of upcoming WCAG 2.2.
• Practical knowledge and experience of all major assistive technology including but not limited to JAWS, NVDA, Talkback, Voiceover, Dragon
• The ability to both input to design systems to embed accessibility and apply technical knowledge to provide recommendations to development teams
• A strong understanding of the behaviour and needs of disabled customers in relation to digital products and services
• The ability to understand clearly articulate issues such as risk, regulatory requirements, and the HSBC accessibility governance process to stakeholders
The base location for this position is London, UK (Hybrid)
At HSBC we look to enable our employees to better balance their work / life priorities and have the flexibility required to meet challenging needs as they progress through different life stages. Where possible we will consider the following flexible working options: part-time working, job sharing, term-time working, and working from home and staggered hours. If in considering a role with HSBC you have a need for some flexibility in your working arrangements please discuss this with the recruitment team in the early stages of the application process.
HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and providing an inclusive and accessible recruitment process for all. We will provide reasonable adjustments to remove any disadvantage to you being considered for this role. We are proud members of the Disability Confident Scheme, and will offer an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you would like to receive any information in a different way or would like us to do anything differently to help you apply for our roles, please contact our Recruitment Helpdesk:
Telephone: +44 2078328500.
Within the workplace you will have access to various employee resource groups which aim to promote and achieve a healthy work / life balance and support our diversity ambitions. HSBC has processes in place to avoid nepotism. This means we will avoid circumstances in which the appearance or possibility of conflicts of interest may exist within the hiring process.”