Assistive Technology Service Desk Agent
Assistive Technology Service Desk Agent Accessibility is a key part of Atos’ mission to empower our customers and our own employees to achieve more by actively addressing and preventing exclusivity barriers. It is core to today’s digital workplace. Atos is providing to the employees of its customers comprehensive and one-of-a kind Accessibility and assistive technology (AT) help desk services that support the ability of all employees, including those with disabilities, to contribute and participate fully in their roles. Summary of Tasks Single point of contact for employee/user assistive technology (AT) and IT accessibility issues in the digital workplace Resolution of employee/user AT and accessibility issue Conduct remote performance and interoperability analysis to resolve issues Document and resolve incidents according to process Escalation of unresolved issues to support groups according to process s Initiate escalations according to process Support broader population of employees/users around IT accessibility features, functionality, and remediations Contribute to company accessibility and inclusion efforts more broadly, including by authoring knowledge base articles Assist with training and supporting fellow service desk agents Stay up to date on accessibility and AT developments and issues as relate to the digital workplace.
Summary of Responsibilities Experience & Skills: Minimum associate degree preferred 3 years of using and supporting a broad range of Assistive Technologies Accessibility auditing or other relevant accessibility experience Experience with hardware Assistive Technologies. For example, Braille Displays Understand accessibility evaluation tools and methods in both web, native mobile and desktop environments. Accessibility training & assessing of individuals Experience working with people with disabilities in a technology environment IAAP Accessibility Core Competencies certification highly desirable and IAAP Web Accessibility Specialist certification also desirable. Additional preferred certifications: A+, Network +, HDI and/or Microsoft certifications. ITIL v3 a plus Remote resolution experience in a Service Desk or Deskside environment preferred Experience in customer service ideally gained in a customer facing environment Must be culturally sensitive English proficiency in both verbal & written form Knowledge of computer technology:
• Competent user of multiple assistive technologies including Screen Readers (Desktop: JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver; Mobile: Talkback, VoiceOver)
• Familiarity with modern web frameworks (For example, Angluar) and the accessibility limitations of using such technologies.
• Specialist in accessibility auditing/testing across multiple browsers
• Windows Client support
• Mac & Linux Clients support a plus
• In-Depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Diverse browser support
• Comprehensive knowledge of PC hardware
• Mobile device troubleshooting a plus
Soft Skills Profile:
• High degree of initiative and autonomy coupled with an ability to function successfully as part of a team (in person and virtually)
• Excellent English written and verbal communication skills - able to present status, facts, thoughts, and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing, and organised manner.
• Flexibility, adaptability and organised - able to change direction based on management decisions, and ability to remain focused and adhere to deadlines.
• Professionalism at all times, assertiveness and accountability, good timekeeping, flexibility
• Drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and self-motivation, respect for colleagues, desire to learn
• Must be able to communicate effectively with corporate customers of different technical expertise, peers and all levels of management
• Ability to efficiently resolve customer problems and escalate further as appropriate according to procedures