PRINCIPAL SOFTWARE ENGINEER, ACCESSIBILITY – CUSTOMER APPS
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE is a technology company. From our flagship website and five-star mobile apps to developing products, managing big data and providing leading edge engineering and systems support, our teams at NIKE Global Technology exist to revolutionize the future at the confluence of tech and sport. We invest and develop advances in technology and employ the most creative people in the world, and then give them the support to constantly innovate, iterate and serve consumers more directly and personally. Our teams are innovative, diverse, multidisciplinary and collaborative, taking technology into the future and bringing the world with it.
As a Principal Accessibility Engineer in the Reliability/Quality organization you’ll find yourself immersed in fast-paced programs and applications crossing a wide range of technologies and experiences. This is a pivotal role in driving Accessibility success across Nike and ensuring we surpass requirements and become recognized as an industry leader.
With your primary deliverable you’ll focus on enabling accessibility across all of Nike’s customer facing applications including Nike.com, the Nike App, SNKRS, NRC, NTC, Adapt, and more. We will ask you to take a strong, consumer-focused view of every deliverable and through collaboration with your peers and partner engineering teams your work will influence accessibility solutions and strategies across Nike’s rapidly evolving ecosystem.
You’ll need to be flexible and adaptable because our world changes daily. You will spend most of your time delivering accessibility fixes across Nike’s mobile internal and external applications, but in addition you will be asked to collaborate, train, mentor and ultimately enable accessibility across multiple engineering teams. You’ll work across Nike domains and functional areas to ensure accessibility compliance activities are addressed in a timely and efficient manner. Constantly focusing on all aspects of accessibility from visual, to cognitive, to movement related disabilities. You will drive accessibility best practices from assistive technologies and screen readers, to coordination and execution of accessibility audits. Your experience and influence will help drive the future for Nike.
• Minimum of 4 years of professional work experience in a software engineer role, a quality engineering role, or an accessibility specific accessibility role
• Hands-on experience with designing and developing Web and/or mobile applications
• Desired hands-on experience with screen readers, zoom tools, and other assistive technologies such as ZoomText, JAWS, VoiceOver or NVDA screen reader
• Hands-on experience identifying Web and mobile accessibility defects and delivering accessibility solutions
• Knowledge of Google TalkBack functionality
• Knowledge of iOS VoiceOver technology
• Experience coordinating and executing accessibility audits
• Intermediate level knowledge and experience with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 accessibility standards and guidelines
• Intermediate level knowledge of disability law including but not limited to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 508, and Affordable Care Act Section 1557
• Strong collaborative skills to work across myriad stakeholder group to translate goals and objectives into delivery strategies
• Comfortable and competent in developing internal and/or external partnerships that leverage resources and improve responsiveness
• Experience, interest, and adaptability to working in Agile/Devops SDLC
• Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented, analytical, and creative thinker with passion for quality processes
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, IT, or equivalent experience.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.