Washington, DC Or San Francisco,USA
Looking for a technology job where you can do good and do well? Level Access, Inc. helps companies design and enhance their digital systems - including websites, web applications, software, hardware, and services - so they are usable by people with disabilities. Our work allows organizations to provide equal access through software, training, and consulting solutions.
• Testing – The Accessibility Analyst will test client’s systems against specific manual and assistive technology tools. The Accessibility Analyst will enter test results into Level Access’s Accessibility Management Platform (AMP) – the industry’s first on-demand solution that integrates the business and technical aspects of complying with regulations, such as Section 508, the ADA, and the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
• Remediation – The Accessibility Analyst will be required to provide realistic technical guidance to clients that can be integrated into current or new user interfaces.
• Test Set Definition – The Accessibility Analyst will work with the client to determine the boundaries of the testing environment by identifying a representative test set of the user interface components found in the client’s system.
• Reporting – The Accessibility Analyst will deliver testing results to the client and will participate in conference calls and follow-up discussions in order to create a road map to improve the accessibility and usability of the client’s IT system
• Communicative - You should be able to clearly and effectively communicate with clients in both written and verbal fashion. Written communication should show a high attention to detail. Verbal communication should be formal and indicate the ability to communicate complex topics concisely. Our consulting positions are on the front-line with our customers and it is imperative that you inspire confidence when speaking with customers.
• Testing Focus - A large portion of what we do involves testing interfaces and validating that they conform to technical requirements. A desire to perform this validation and experience testing web-based interfaces for compliance with design specifications is critical.
• Organized and Disciplined - Level Access has a culture of disciplined execution over a long period of time. We seek to hire and advance people that have this focus and can execute activities on their own, over a long period of time without a large amount of management oversight. A candidate that will succeed in this environment should have a desire to grow in the system over several years and seek to build towards big goals.
Education and Experience Requirements
• BS degree in technology or equivalent work