Design & Accessibility Lead
Your focus will be to help empower our teams to ensure the products and services we develop with our clients meet the needs of all their customers.
• As part of a collaborative team, help to design and deliver a repeatable accessibility
curriculum for Publicis Sapient people across capability groups and a cadence for
training to ensure our people are empowered to create accessible experiences across
• Assist in developing and maintaining a repository of tools and job aids for use across
• Help to expand and refine our external accessibility-related service offerings at Publicis
• Work alongside our client teams to help guide them in accessible ways of working.
• Coach and guide designers and engineers on advanced digital accessibility principles.
• Explore capabilities of digital platforms and identify strategic opportunities to drive
• Document and develop best practices and technical implementation techniques.
• Identify strategic opportunities for identifying and removing accessibility barriers in
order to positively impact the user experience and drive appropriate systemic changes.
• Be recognized as an accessibility technical subject matter expert for user interface
experiences, monitoring industry trends to identify best practices and extend as needed.
• Mentor and collaborate with other accessibility, design and usability specialists.
Deep knowledge of accessibility standards, trends, best practices, and requirements.
Intermediate to expert knowledge of and experience using various assistive technologies. Reliance on assistive technologies for daily work is an asset
Accessibility certification is a bonus: IAAP CPACC, WAS, CPWA, or the DHS Section 508 Trusted Tester designation. There is an expectation to achieve this within the year.
Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, computer science, computer engineering, human factors or a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
Three or more years practical web accessibility experience.
Five or more years experience in one of at least three disciplines, such as front end development, experience design, or in a diversity and inclusion related role.
A passion for and deep understanding of inclusive design.
Proven ability to provide accessibility solutions for designers, developers, and testers.
Expert communication skills, with the ability to translate complex technical requirements into relatable scenarios and influence design outcomes.
Intermediate or higher programming skills, with the ability to explain desired technology outcomes to development teams.
High Level of awareness of disability related issues with respect to digital accessibility.
Self-driven, with ability to take ownership and accountability; must be adept at working in a self-guided manner to drive inclusive design principles.
As part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1-617-621-0200.
Benefits of Working Here:
Comprehensive private healthcare covering pre-existing conditions
33 days holiday including bank holidays
Free and delicious coffee served by our very own in-house baristas