Senior QA Engineer, Web Application Accessibility
The Mom Project
Palo Alto, CA,US
Our Customer is a software vendor of cloud-based ERP that practices in human capital management and financial management applications. They offer products and services that allow customers to oversee time tracking, procurement, employee data, financial accounting, and expense management at anytime and anywhere. They continue to offer enterprise-level software solutions for financial management, human resources, and planning. Their proven methodology, expertise, community, tools, and education help ensure your organization’s success.
We are seeking a Software QA Engineer on a contract basis who is self-motivated with experience in web application accessibility testing to help us deliver our product to all users of all abilities. You will plan, design, and execute test specifications and ensure complete test coverage based on functional specifications and requirements.
What You’ll Do:
• This candidate will be a primary contributor to the testing effort and will primarily be responsible for ADA, WCAG, 508 Compliance testing for web and mobile clients.
• Understand the application functionality and its many business rules from UI perspective
• Testing to be conducted in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guideline 2.1 standards and requirements of Section 508 (29 U.S.C §794d)
• Work directly with agile software development teams to incorporate test strategies throughout the development process
• Collaborate with product managers, designers, and developers to identify and clarify requirements and ensure they are met
• Review existing user experiences, provide feedback on making them more compatible with assistive technologies, and lend design and technical expertise to the project teams
• Assist in evaluating and formulating a VPAT for various product areas across web and mobile clients
• Perform software development by creating and testing software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards
• Design, develop and execute software test plans
• Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software
• Identify accessibility issues, help troubleshoot and find solutions for them
• Utilize strong communication skills to work closely with the scrum teams to build accessible experiences
• Perform accessibility audits and develop recommendations to build more accessible experiences and help educate developers think with an accessible mindset.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Debugs software products using systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
• Develops, modifies, and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures.
• Maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
• Analyzes test results to ensure existing functionality and recommends corrective action.
• Consults with development engineers in resolution of problems.
• Provides feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software.
• Ensures quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience working on complex UI solving accessibility challenges is highly desired.
• Passionate about working with designers, engineers and customers to build accessible user experiences
• Working knowledge of Section 508, WCAG 2.0 and 2.1 Guidelines, Success Criteria Level AA, and the implementation of accessible solutions
• Experience conducting accessibility testing of web-based applications
• Great communication skills
• Working knowledge of web-based applications and a proven ability to understand complex business rules.
• Financial domain experience is a big plus
Education: BS degree with 5+ years’ work experience or MS degree with 2+ years’ work experience
Hours & Location
M-F, 40 hours/week. This position is located onsite at our Customer’s Palo Alto, CA office.
Now for the Perks!
Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life (including spouse & child), 401k, STD/LTD, AD&D, and Commuter Benefits program.