Manager, Digital Product Management - Accessibility
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us to build an even better McDonald's. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing experiences while delivering incredible value and quality in the food we serve.
McDonald's is a people business just as much as it is a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy.
The Quick Service Industry requires quick thinking: our work culture is flexible and dynamic to ensure we are executing with pace and sharing our latest ideas. Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters collaboration and innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, grab a McCafe on any floor or utilize the latest technology to connect to your team around the globe. With an onsite café and our 8000 square foot gym (and a McDonald's, of course!), our office helps us connect with each other like never before.
At McDonald's, we are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold recycling initiatives and advancing our industry on sustainable sourcing to youth employability initiatives and our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners. We will continue to take on big, global initiatives while remaining great neighbors and supporters of our local communities.
We are moving fast and are adding to our world-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders in our industry and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last year, we have launched home delivery, radically enhanced the digital experiences of our restaurants, introduced mobile pay and have so much more to come. With all the new projects and initiatives, it is an exciting time to be on the team that is helping to make a Better McDonald's!
McDonald’s is looking for experienced subject matter expert to join our Digital Product team to lead accessibility efforts for corporate digital products. This position encompasses the full life-cycle of accessibility—strategic thinking, planning, design, development, accessibility test identification and execution, regression detection, logging and verifying deficiencies, documentation, training and support.
As the Accessibility lead under the Product Capabilities team, you would be working with many stakeholders across the globe in product, development, legal, marketing, training, communications, social media, external suppliers/agencies/developers, and senior leadership to drive forward accessibility efforts in digital consumer experiences.
• Become the voice of people with disabilities for the products you work on
• Work with engineering, design, product management, project management, and customer experience to design, own, and deliver on accessibility plans for new features and functionality
• Align with IT Dev and QA on a plan to implement accessibility testing within the normal testing cycles for digital product development
• Work with development to identify and address gaps in accessibility and reproduce defects across all parts of the system
• Work with other members of the Digital team to ensure that accessibility is complete and thorough before launching
• Manage accessibility issues and enhancements, including triaging and managing issues in JIRA
• Design and execute regression accessibility plans on an ongoing basis
• Develop, socialize, and foster ongoing prioritized progress towards a roadmap across the digital channels to meet accessibility compliance
• Develop and maintain a robust library of accessibility cases for both new and existing features
• Align with IT, Legal, Product, and the business stakeholders on prioritized efforts to execute the accessibility compliance plans
• Manage an accessibility testing lab and related hardware for purposes of validating development is meeting requirements during sprint development cycles before QA testing is performed until QA assumes all accessibility testing responsibilities.
• Develop a training curriculum, corporate guidelines, vendor questionnaires, development style guides, UI toolkits, checklists/tools and other internal documents/assets that establish a foundation and operating model towards a plan for accessibility within corporate digital platforms.
• Train internal employees, consultants, and external suppliers supporting digital efforts on WCAG requirements based on the training curriculum
• Manage budgetary needs to execute plans for accessibility and work with senior management to ensure funding requests are submitted for annual requirements.
• Minimum 10 years digital experience
• In-depth knowledge of accessibility-related guidelines and standards including ADA, WCAG, ADAAG, AODA, DDA, European Accessibility Act
• Experience with digital channels including mobile, web, and kiosk, and potentially physical channels
• A passion for the needs of the disabled
• Knowledge of testing tools and external experts in the marketplace to help support efforts
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to manage a significant amount of competing priorities
• People management skills to lead consultant efforts as necessary
• Knowledge of legal accessibility regulations