Accessibility Technical Program Manager
Amazon has a vast global operations workforce. The PeopleTech org develops the software that Amazon employees and associates use throughout their career at amazon from job application to retirement. As an Accessibility TPM you will help drive the accessibility effort for the PeopleTech org. Our goal is to raise the bar of Amazon’s day-to-day work experience for all employees and associates including the ones that use assistive technologies.
You will own working with teams across the PeopleTech org to design and deliver HR software and services with a great customer experience. You will gather business and systems requirements from internal and external stakeholders write specifications and drive project schedules across a large group of teams. You will also drive employee outreach programs to gather feedback on user experiences and coordinate with teams to improve the employee experience across internally used software.
This role is inherently cross-functional – you will work closely with user researchers, Product Managers, UX designers, engineering leaders and developers from across PeopleTech and key partner teams. You will regularly present to leadership on the overall status of key strategic initiatives, overall project risks and articulate recommended mitigation paths. We are looking for someone who possesses a solid TPM background, has lead medium/large projects in the past, and has technical background and experience. We are looking for someone who can keep his or her eye on the ball and not let anything fall off the radar. Being able to deal with ambiguity, anticipate bottlenecks and escalations, set realistic (yet aggressive) expectations, and clearly communicate to all levels of stakeholders are key requirements.
· BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience
· 5+ years of industry experience as a TPM delivering large, cross-functional projects
· 2+ years of experience working with large-scale distributed systems
· Able to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Creative critical thinker with experience in making implementation tradeoffs
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to all organizational levels
· Experience and proficiency with web technologies and tools
· Strong customer focus and ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making
· Superior project management and organizational skills
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· 2+ years of experience in Accessibility and Universal design.
· Experience delivering innovative experiences
· Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation, business analysis, and process optimization