Section 508 Tester
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Section 508 Tester to join our eLearning development team. As a Section 508 Tester, you will be responsible for ensuring that our eLearning courses adhere to the accessibility standards outlined in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. Your primary goal will be to identify and resolve any accessibility barriers within our digital learning materials, making them accessible to individuals with disabilities. This is an excellent opportunity to contribute to the development of inclusive educational experiences and promote equal access to information.
1. Conduct comprehensive accessibility evaluations of eLearning courses to determine compliance with Section 508 standards.
2. Review eLearning materials, including multimedia content, interactive elements, and navigation systems, to identify potential accessibility barriers.
3. Test eLearning courses using assistive technologies, such as screen readers, magnifiers, and alternative input devices, to assess their compatibility and functionality.
4. Collaborate with eLearning developers, instructional designers, and subject matter experts to ensure the accessibility of content during the development process.
5. Provide recommendations and guidance to the development team regarding accessible design techniques and best practices.
6. Create and maintain detailed documentation of accessibility issues and recommended solutions.
7. Stay up-to-date with accessibility guidelines and standards, as well as emerging technologies and trends in the field of eLearning accessibility.
8. Conduct user testing sessions with individuals with disabilities to gather feedback and ensure the usability and effectiveness of the eLearning materials.
9. Participate in accessibility audits and provide support in addressing any accessibility-related compliance requirements.
10. Assist in training and educating team members on Section 508 compliance and accessibility best practices.
1. Bachelor's degree in a related field, such as computer science, instructional design, or a relevant discipline. Equivalent work experience will also be considered.
2. Must possess Section 508 Compliance DHS Trusted Tester Certification.
3. Strong understanding of Section 508 accessibility standards and guidelines, as well as knowledge of other relevant accessibility standards, such as WCAG 2.1.
4. Experience in testing and evaluating eLearning materials for accessibility, preferably in an educational or training environment.
5. Familiarity with assistive technologies commonly used by individuals with disabilities, such as screen readers, magnifiers, and alternative input devices.
6. Proficient in using accessibility evaluation tools, such as screen reader testing software and accessibility validators.
8. Excellent attention to detail and strong analytical skills to identify accessibility barriers and propose effective solutions.
9. Ability to communicate complex accessibility issues clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
10. Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
11. Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and provide constructive feedback to improve accessibility.
12. Understanding of instructional design principles and adult learning theory is a plus.
Note: Please include any relevant certifications or training related to accessibility and Section 508 compliance in your application.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages, along with a supportive and inclusive work environment dedicated to accessibility and equal opportunity. Join our team and help us create exceptional eLearning experiences for all learners.