Freelance Digital Accessibility Auditor (German fluency)
Applause App Quality, Inc
Are you passionate about ensuring mobile apps and websites are readily accessible to end-users utilizing assistive technologies? Are you deeply knowledgeable about the guidelines defined by WCAG 2.0/2.1, Section 508 and other accessibility standards? Are you a native German speaker/writer? f you have a background that aligns with the qualifications below, this might be the perfect role for you!
*Please note this is a long-term freelance opportunity and not for a contract/FTE position.
- German speaking/writing near-native fluency
- 2+ years experience in Software QA performing Accessibility Audits
- Strong knowledge of WCAG 2.0/2.1, Section 508 and other guidelines used to benchmark accessiblity
- 1+ years experience working with people who need to utilize assistive technology to provide a deeper understanding of the needs of end users
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical field
- Ability to work well with people of different levels of accessibility understanding
- Passion for making applications and websites accessible
- Ability to manage your projects and schedules
- Self-starter with a proven ability to adhere to tight deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
- English professional communications
- Prior freelance, consulting experience